Friday, August 9, 2013

Culture, Music, and... Food!

I've touched on food in earlier posts. The experience of partaking in a culture's richness through savoring their cuisine is, to me, intrinsically intertwined with their music, their poetry, their history...  In fact, I'm often mildly annoyed when I'm in a taqueria and the music blaring overhead is from a Top 40 Anglo radio station. But I digress.

I recently suggested to Arte y Vida that Choose Chicago, the city's tourism website, let me write about the experience of eating in various Latino restaurants. For now, what we came up with was three that come from distinctly different countries and traditions, but share a BYOB policy. Hey, ya' gotta have a hook...

Enjoy the read. And then go eat!
_________________________________________

Anyone who goes out to eat on a regular basis knows that the bar tab can often rival the cost of the food itself, effectively doubling your expense. Fortunately, Chicago has a good number of dining options that allow you to bring your own beverage. Here's three of the best on the Latino food scene.

90 Miles Cuban Cafe...

Chilam Balam...

Tango Sur...

Click here to find out why they are each unique and (more importantly) delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment