Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Crossing Borders.

I know, I know, that sounds a lot like the name of this blog.  It's not a coincidence.

So, I last week I wrote a post about what I felt was a great day in the city. You may recall that the first of the three instances that prompted my delight was a concert by jazz trumpeter Victor Garcia. Well, my evening started that way because I was reviewing that concert for Arte y Vida Chicago and Chicagomusic.org.

The review is out. I hope you'll read it.  First few sentences below, the rest at the hyperlink. Enjoy.
________________________________

photo by Lauren Deutsch / Jazz Institute of Chicago
For years now, the Jazz Institute of Chicago has been doing some wonderful things with their 'Made in Chicago: World Class Jazz' series at the Pritzker Pavilion.  Basically, the formula goes like this: They identify a talented Chicago based jazz artist, give them a nice chunk of money, and encourage them to create their dream concert.  The result is often a once-in-a-lifetime experience for the musicians and audience alike... Thursday night, it was Victor Garcia’s turn to follow his dream.

Click here to read the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment